heyes

heyes

Sunday, October 23, 2011

40 Years Ago Today....

On October 23 and 24, 1971, Pete Duel was in Bowling Green, Kentucky.  He took pledges over the phone for the March of Dimes Telerama at the WBKO Channel 13 studio.  Why is this so significant you ask?  Well it may not be to most people, but it is to me.  You see, I live about 40 miles northeast of Bowling Green.  I have lived here all my life.  In 1971 I was four years old.  It may seem silly or even strange to most people, but the knowledge that for two days, while Pete was still on the earth he was that close to me, brings me such joy.  We breathed the same air, were under the same sky. Who would have guessed that forty years later that four year old little girl would be blogging about that day in Bowling Green?


   Pete at the WBKO 13 March of Dimes Telerama, October 23, 1971.


Four year old me.


Love you, Pete. :')


No comments:

Post a Comment