heyes

heyes

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

1st Anniversary

One year ago today I posted chapter one.  So much has changed in my life since that day that it seems much longer.  I hope you have enjoyed being here as much as I have.  I've made some great new friends who have inspired me and lifted me when I needed it most. Thank you all.

Only two chapters left and we will come to the end of our tale.  I hate to see it end.  As one reader told me "I can't imagine one day without reading something regarding these character's lives."   It's hard for me to believe that so many people have become so invested in this story and these characters.   That make me feel so good.  I never dreamed it would be possible that I could do this and that so many people would love it.  Of course the real credit has to go to Pete and Ben and their characters, because that's were it all started.  Bravo, boys.  And I hope I've made you proud.  Especially, you, Peter.  I did this because of you.

And so to mark the one year anniversary I thought I would start a Keepership Page.  In case you don't know, a keepership just means that you claim yourself as the keeper or guardian of something.  It can be anything from the story - a character, an event, a quote, anything.    It's just a way of letting everyone know what means the most to you.  If it goes well, I might start a keepership for all things AS&J as well.  As an example I will declare a couple of keeperships for myself.

Karen is the keeper of  Miss Savannah from Savannah.
Karen is the keeper of  Kid's rock only skips three times.
Karen is the keeper of  "You know that Gabriel fella sounds a lot like  you , Joshua.  Unhappy, restless.  and your hair is a might neglected too."


Once a keepership is declared on one else can claim it.  So if there is something special to you that you want to claim, claim it before someone else does.    
To declare a keepership just leave me a comment or send me an email to klsbh@live.com.  Give me your name as you want it to appear on the blog and what you are claiming keepership of.  I hope you have fun with it.






Heyes: "I sure hope nobody lays claim on my whiskey voice and scandalous good looks."
Kid:  "I hope nobody lays claim on my pillow or my next meal."


Heaps of love and miles of dimpled smiles to you all,

Karen :')

9 comments:

  1. Sorry, Mr. Heyes. I just laid claim to both. But Kid's pillow and his next meal are still up for grabs, girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder when someone will mention that they'd love to BE Kid's pillow....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or his next meal? OMG did I just say that? I'm such a bad girl.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be keeper of Kid's pillow and next meal! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I claim Heyes to Kid: "You get that thristy look off your face or their gonna worry how your gonna pay for it".

    Kid to Heyes: I'd say tender but you'd feel called upon to say something clever, then I'd have to kll ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glenda, you're getting ahead of yourself, girlfriend. Those would be AS&J keeperships. Right now we're just doing keeperships from "Evangeline." But when we start keeperships for AS&J those two are yours.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I wondered when someone would claim the horses. They're yours.

      Delete