heyes

heyes

Monday, February 27, 2012

A Note to All my Readers and Fans


Hi, y'all.  Yes, that's me.  And, yes, that's my Hannibal Heyes hat on my head.  I thought it was about time that I allowed you all to put a face to all the words.  But that's not the only reason for this post.  I also want to thank you all for reading and following my story and for all the wonderful compliments you have given me.  The last two years of my life have been very dark and very troubled, except for when I was writing this story or making a video.   Escaping into the world of Hannibal Heyes and Kid Curry was for me the only source of peace and sanity that I've had many days in the past two years. Those troubled days came to an almost tragic end recently, and  while I don't want to be a downer or make this blog about anything negative, I feel I must share with you what has been going on.  I suppose you have all noticed that since winter has begun I have not been writing as much.  Well, there's a very good reason.  And the irony of the situation I hope will not be lost to those of you who love Peter Deuel as much as I do.  I am married to an addict.  His drug of choice for the last two years has been prescription pain medication.  He has no prescription for them so he was buying them off the street at an astronomical price.  This led to our separation.  Since then he has spiraled downward into a self destructive free fall.  Then his mother died on Christmas day of 2011.  I was there for him, but things got worse after that.  Then when he began shoplifting to support his habit and was arrested several times, including the day after his mother's funeral, I decided I had to cut ties with him for his own good, because I was enabling him.  On Friday, February, 17 he attempted to commit suicide by overdosing.  But the friends he was staying with found him in time to get him to the hospital.  How ironic life is.  I love Peter, an alcoholic who did commit suicide, and I'm married to a suicidal addict.  But now for the good news,  he is now getting the help he needs.  He has been clean for over a week now and he goes into a spiritual based counseling program starting today.  I have promised him I will be there for emotional and spiritual support.  It's going to be a long road of recovery, but I believe that God will help us all through it.

So, if it seems like a long time between chapters, I hope you will all understand that I have very important things to tend to right now and my writing has to take second place for now.  But rest assured, I will continue to write and I will finish this story.  It's all in my head how I want it to play out and I just have to get it from my head to the paper.  Peter is my muse and since things have gotten out of control with my husband, the inspiration has left me.  But I know it will be back.  I've already started chapter 31.  Our couple will finally be reunited :')  I could really use your prayers right now.  And thanks again for supporting me in my writing.  It means so much to me.

And finally, if any of you are on facebook and would like to be my friend, here is the link to my profile:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10000057921627

If you send me a friend request, please message me telling me what your favorite part of "Evangeline" has been so far.  A scene, a quote, a moment, just so I know you are really a reader and not a hacker trying to get access to my info on fb.

Again, I want to thank you all for your support and I look forward to posting the rest of this story.  Stick with me guys.  I'll try to make it worth the wait.

Peace, love and dimpled smiles to you all,
Karen Leigh Huff :')
And as always, love you, Peter.

2 comments:

  1. Karen,

    I know what your going through because my son is an addict. He was first addicted to precription pain medication then it went to heiron. He has been in rehab for 3 years. It takes time and takes all you have. It has been a long road for him and me and my husband. He lost his job, his house, his truck just everything. He also lost 2 friends to the precription pain medication due to overdosing. It's a long road and I pray for you, your husband and your whole family. At least your husbands getting the help he needs. My son has had to start all over again. And he lives with me and my husband. If he had not gotten help he would have died.

    God Bless, and I look forward to chapter 31. I feel for Heyes and he will be glad that Evie has found him and the Kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Glenda. Knowing your son has made it through gives me hope. And thanks for the prayers and support.

    ReplyDelete