heyes

heyes

Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Lesson

This is a very short, quicky I wrote in about fifteen minutes.  There's nowhere to fit it in the story, but I found it too funny not to share.





"No!  You're gripping it too tight,"  Kid admonished.

"I'm sorry.  You know I've never done this before,"  Evie grumbled defensively, her eyes cutting sideways towards Heyes who sat close by watching.

"Wanna try mine?"  Heyes asked hopefully with a raised eyebrow.

Kid just shot him a disgruntled look, frustrated that his partner had interupted.

"I'm sorry for fussing.  You're doing fine.  Now, take hold of it again.  Gently this time."

A satisfied  smile crossed his lips.  "That's it.  Much better."

Her hand began to shake.

"Don't be so nervous,"  Kid crooned giving her shoulder an affectionate encouraging rub.   "Use both hands if you need to."

"I still think she should be learning with  mine,"  Heyes pouted, clearly annoyed  at not receiving the attention he felt he deserved.

"Heyes, yours is too big for hands as small as hers.  Let her get some experience with mine first, then she can ease her way into handling one as big as yours."

Heyes let out a frustrated "humph,"  crossed his arms over his chest and pursed his lips.

"Besides, you're making her nervous.  Why don't you leave and let us have some privacy,"  Kid complained.

"Yes, you're making me nervous.  And I'd rather you didn't see me handling one for my first time when I'm so awkward and clumsy."

Heyes' smart alec retort died on his lips when the familiar voice of Mr. McCreedy's cook, Miss Georgia Moon bellowed from the ranch house,   "Y'all quit foolin' with them guns and get on back to the house.  Supper's on the table."



2 comments:

  1. Haha! Oh, nicely done. I love things like this. From "What in the world?" to laughter. Thanks for sharing this!

    Love and Blessings,
    Clarissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. And I know I'm such a bad girl. I knew everybody would have their mind in the gutter on this one. But I just couldn't resist. Hope I didn't offend anyone. But hey, what's offensive about a girl learning to use a revolver, huh?

    ReplyDelete