heyes

heyes

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pete's last hours

As you all know,  in a few hours it will be 41 years that Peter has been gone.  He took his life in the very early hours of December 31, 1971.  Though we will never know exactly what happened and why that night, we do know that he left a huge hole in our hearts and our lives when he left.  I have burned a candle for the past two years to honor his memory, but this year I have to work.  I asked for the day off tomorrow so I could keep vigil and keep my candle lit,  but circumstances that could not be helped did not allow for me to be off.  So I will burn a virtual candle for the next 24 hours in remembrance of Peter.   If you would, please join me in burning a candle tomorrow for Peter.



Another year has passed and still your memory burns bright in my mind and in my heart,  just like the candle I burn for you tonight.  You will always be loved and you will never be forgotten.  

No comments:

Post a Comment