heyes

heyes

Sunday, January 22, 2012

"Evangeline" is now on Wattpad

I have taken a bold step (at least for me)  and I've started posting my story to Wattpad.  For those of you who don't know, Wattpad is a public site for authors to post their work.  There are thousands of new stories posted everyday.   I am asking all of my readers to please go to  http://www.wattpad.com/3097014-evangeline-~-a-hannibal-heyes-love-story  and become a member.  It only takes about five minutes.  Then vote for the chapters you like best, or you can vote for them all if you like.  And become my fan.  My user name, so no one is confused, is "sleepswithroses."

Since most of the readers on the Wattpad site have no clue what "Alias Smith and Jones" is, I used the shows intro as a sort of back story at the beginning of the prologue.  And I've made a few minor edits and changes to some of the chapters as well.  I thought this was a great opportunity to make some new fans of the story and of the show.  And don't worry, nothing about the blog will change.  I look forward to seeing you all on Wattpad!  Don't forget...."like"  "vote"  "fan."   Thanks everybody for reading!

Peace and love,
Karen :')

6 comments:

  1. It looks great, Karen. I'm still trying to figure out how the site works, but I'm so glad its up there! I've never heard of Wattpad, but it looks like your story being there will bring more fans to the show and to your wonderful work. :')

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Karen, it looks great. I am also still trying to figure out how to use the site. I like this story so much I have started reading it over from the beginning. Can't wait for chapter 29 though. Good work.:')

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have any questions about how to use he site, just shoot them at me. I might be able to help. I will explain this part though. If you click "like" it just posts the title to your facebook page and says that you like it. If you click "vote" you are letting everyone know that you think this particular story or chapter was exceptional. They have the Watty awards every year and stories with the most votes are in the finals where readers vote again for their favorites in different categories. I don't expect to win any awards, but it would be nice to get a few votes. There are published authors on this site. I've read some of their work and it is outstanding. And if you want to become my fan you have to go to my profile and it will say "become a fan" somewhere on there and you click that. Glenda, you were my first vote. Thank you. But I think you became a fan of someone who was already my fan. LOL You may have to go back and try that again. Remember my user name is "sleepswithroses." Thanks you guys for reading a being so supportive. It means the world to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen,

      Are you going to post chapters to this blog too or are you going to just post to Wattpad. On Wattpad there are only 12 chapters up. Just courious.

      Delete
    2. This blog is where all my new chapters will go first. This is my own page where I can do pretty much whatever I want so it's the number one priority. I don't want to put up too many chapters at once on Wattpad. That will build the suspense for new readers. So don't stop coming to this blog. It's the only place to see the newest chapters and the soundtrack music. But if your just wanting to reread chapters, Wattpad is easier for that. Thanks, Glenda for all your support. Chapter 29 will be here soon. I hoping by Wed. next week.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Karen. I will be waiting for the cowboy of my dreams to visit again next week. And your picture of the week? HE IS SO DARN CUTE IT TAKE MY BREATH AWAY. I have a few pictures of Pete on my desk and screen saver. Everytime I walk by my desk I throw him a kiss and say to myself, Dam he's a good looking man!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete