heyes

heyes

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Before I post the first chapter of my story I feel compelled to  say a few things first.   Most importantly I want to thank Peter Deuel for being the wonderful person and the gifted actor that he was.  Without his genius and magnificent character, Hannibal Heyes, I would have no story.  So, thank you, Peter.  You will forever remain the love of my life, even though I was only 4 years old when you left this world.

Second I would just like to say that it is a very difficult thing to share a story you have authored with any one else.  It is such a personal and intimate thing.  It's like putting your deepest secrets and fantasies out there for everyone to read.  I never realized what a hard job novelist have. To have something that your mind and spirit have labored  over and given birth to, be exposed for the world to see and criticize is not an easy thing to do.  But if it is not shared then no one can see its beauty either. 

Third,  I would just like to say that this is my first attempt at writing anything.  I am not a writer.  I am just a fan.  I love these characters and because of the untimely and tragic death of Peter, I (like many other fans I'm sure) feel that I was cheated somehow out of so many more stories.  I want more.  And so it is left to us, the fans, to continue the stories.  My hats off to the many talented fan fiction authors out there whose stories I have read.  You all amaze me.  I hope my story turns out half as good.  I have been working on it for about six months and it is becoming quite long.  But it had to be long in order to tell the complete story and give my characters time to develop.  I just hope you will enjoy reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it (and am still writing).  Again I would like to say that I am not a writer and this is all new to me.  I am just a fan with a story I want to share. 

And last, I would like to encourage you to listen to the soundtrack music I have picked for the story.  Many of the events in the story bring to mind a song.  And I will add the title of the song and a web address where you can go to YouTube and watch a video of the song.  And please keep in mind that while this is an AS&J fanfic, it is a romance. So the music is somewhat romantic as well.

I look forward to your comments.
 God's blessings and much love to you all,  Karen.

P.S.  Before you read chapter 1, please read the prologue.  You can find it in the March archives.

1 comment:

  1. I love the story. The way that you detail the different scenes it makes you feel the emotions so much more.

    ReplyDelete