heyes

heyes

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What the heck is wrong with people?

In case nobody has caught on yet,  I'll say it one more time loud and clear....I'm obsessed with Peter Deuel.  And naturally like anybody who has an overwhelming affection for someone, I want to talk about that someone,  share thoughts about that someone and have conversations with other people who also share that same affection and obsession.   I had no idea there were so many out there just like me who still loved and appreciated this beautiful man until I started this blog and made some like minded friends.   This introduced me to the world of Pete Duel fandom.   While on the whole it has been great fun and it has been a tremendous outlet for expressing things I can't express to others who just wouldn't understand my preoccupation with a man who's been dead more than 40 years,  I can also sadly say that it has afforded me the unpleasant opportunity to see grown women,  much older than my 46 years in most cases,  act like jealous school girls vying for the attention of the cutest boy in school.   And quite frankly,  I'm tired of it.  I am embarrassed and ashamed at some of the behavior I have witnessed of late.  Especially in light of the fact that someone who knew Peter in life,  someone who graciously agreed to share memories of Pete with us had to witness it as well.  Sometimes I regret ever venturing past this blog and getting involved with any of it.   But I wouldn't have met some of the wonderful people who aren't acting like jealous, petty children either.  So the good out weighs the bad.  I don't understand why some people feel that they have to be the first one or the only one who shares a picture or contacts a friend of Peter's and if they aren't the first one then they have to be jealous and do what ever they can to upstage the other person.   It's ridiculous and it's destructive.  With that said I will now say this...I am going to take a break from facebook groups for a while.   I will still continue to post occasionally on my Evangeline page, but I need to stay away from the other two  pages I am a member of for right now.   When these kind of episodes occur it disturbs me and it somehow damages the special bond I feel with this lovely, special man's spirit.  And that is something I simply cannot allow.  He is my inspiration and my muse.  So if you don't see me around facebook groups for a while, you know the reason.  But don't worry,  I'll be lurking.

Now on to something fun and happy.....



As you can see, Peter insisted on taking me for a drive to calm my nerves.  He's so thoughtful and sweet like that.   Don't we look cute together.   I hope everybody gets over the hump today and slides easily into the end of the week and right on into a great weekend.

Peace, love and dimpled smiles to you all,
Karen :')

as always,  love you Peter

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Karen!! I personally stay away from facebook and all those other pages. They cause nothing but problems. That's why you haven't seen me on facebook for about 3 months now. I can't wait for your next chapter. Waiting patiently. God I love this man. See, you are not the only one out there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Glenda!! I've missed you. How is the new house? I hope you are enjoying living in the south. The next chapter is coming along slowly but surely. I've got a lot of things going on all at once right now and it's hard some days to find the time to even get a few sentences down. I'm off from work tomorrow so hopefully I can make some good progress on it. I'm so glad you're still here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally understand, K1. Don't be a lurker for too long -- I miss your comments and humor already! Plus I am ready for the next installment of the series. Really enjoy your writing, keep it up! K2

    ReplyDelete