heyes

heyes

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Comfort for the Grieving

In light of a recent conversation I had with a reader and fellow Peter enthusiast, I felt compelled to share this song. I don't know how any of you feel about messages from the grave or anything like that, but I do feel that sometimes inexplicable things happen to us that we have to chalk up to the supernatural,  or as I prefer to call it "of the spirit realm"  as opposed to the "worldly realm."  One day shortly after rediscovering Peter in early 2010, I was driving home from work and I was overwhelmed with grief.  It was as though I were mourning Peter's death for the first time all over again, only this time with the heart of a grown woman and not the heart of young girl.  And so I wept inconsolably in my car while  driving home from work.  Stopped at a traffic light,  I sobbed and asked, "Why, Peter, why?"   Then an inexplicable voice inside my head said simply, "Turn on the radio."   I had not had the radio on and had not given it a thought since I was in the midst of my sorrow.  And so I heeded the voice, feeling I should, and this song was just beginning to play. I had never heard the song before, but as I listened to the words  my spirits lifted and my grief became less.  Was it Peter's spirit telling me not to be so sad, or just a coincidence?  Well,  I'll let you decide that for yourselves.  But the reader I shared this experience with was grieving for Peter all over again just like I was.  It is very difficult for me to share it with you now, as I fear what people will think or how they will judge.  But if there are others out there grieving for Peter, then maybe they will find comfort in the words of this song as well, especially if he sent them our way.   But for myself I'll just say,  right back at ya, Peter.  I will see you on the other side.  This song is for you.  And for you, Kat.  Remember what Peter said, "Be happy!"




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this, Karen. I can it say now, when I couldn't this morning when I first found it. Beautiful! :-)

    Clarissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful wonderful song- very moving and profound- one of ozzy's best ever. did he write this? my mother passed in 1999 and my gran passed in 1990- this song is for them- and of course for pete. the song made me quite tearful-I believe in the afterlife and know death isn't the end- just the start of a beautiful journey

    ReplyDelete